COVID UPDATE JANUARY 2021 - FOLLOWING GOVERNMENT INSTRUCTION, THIS EVENT IS NOW RESCHEDULED FROM THE ORIGINAL JANUARY DATE TO THE 1ST OF MAY. JANUARY TICKETS STILL VALID. THE BOX OFFICE WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH TICKET HOLDERS WHEN NORMAL BUSINESS RESUMES.
Based in Cork from 1986 to 2017 and over its three decades the group gave close to three thousand concerts, presenting the chamber music repertoire to audiences throughout Ireland, Europe, the Americas and the Far East. Commercial recordings include more than thirty CDs of repertoire and in 2016 the group was presented with the National Concert Hall’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
The members of the Vanbrugh Quartet were also creators of the National String Quartet Foundation. As part of the Foundation’s series of concerts in autumn 2020 celebrating the music of Beethoven on the 250th anniversary of his birth, members of the Vanbrugh Quartet will present two of Beethoven’s sixteen quartets. His charming and witty G major quartet Op.18 No.2 is from the ground breaking early set of quartets published in 1800 which were inspired by the work of Haydn and Mozart but which departed radically from it and bear the young composer’s distinctive stamp. His E flat quartet Op.74 was written just a few years later, in 1809, the same year as the ‘Emperor’ piano concerto and a year which saw Vienna bombarded and occupied by Napoleon. This is a different musical world, presenting a rich, lyrical landscape in a serene masterpiece.
Purchasing your tickets / Covid Guidelines:
- Booking early is advisable due to limited capacity on all events to comply with safe social distancing.
- Sales for each event will close two days prior to the event date - tickets must be purchased prior to this.
- Tickets that are paid for will ONLY be available for colecction on the night of the show.
- Tickets are NOT available to purchase on the day/night of the event.
- Seating is non-allocated when booking. You will be allocated your seating area on the day/night by The Source staff member in keeping with social distancing measures.
- We are allowing people who book together to sit together. If you wish to sit together you must book tickets under the one name on the same transaction.
- The above regulations allow us the time needed to set up the auditorium/theatre space in accordance with guidelines, creating a safe environment for our audience members & staff alike.
- We wish to do our utmost to ensure you are feeling confident and comfortable during your night out at The Source. We look forward to welcoming you back!
PLEASE NOTE THE START TIME OF THE SHOW AND ARRIVE AT LEAST HALF AN HOUR BEFOREHAND. LATECOMERS MAY NOT BE ADMITTED.
Special access and wheelchair users please inform the box office at the time of booking that you may need accessibility seating. T:0504 90204.
By proceeding to the buy tickets link, we, The Source Arts Centre will have a record of your contact details and email. We only hold these details for marketing purposes to get in touch with you regarding upcoming events. We NEVER pass this information on to third parties. If you do not want your details held on our database, please book your tickets over the phone with the box office and inform them of your GDPR preferences going forward.
The Source Arts Centre uses Tickets.com ticketing system for online transactions which are encrypted with Tickets.com's SSL certificate. When you click the' Buy Tickets' link you will be directed to their ticketing page. Transactions from The Source Arts Centre website to Tickets.com ticketing servers are encrypted when you proceed to the Shopping Cart.View similar events >