According to Sydney, everything has gone into decline: morality, masculinity, social behaviour. According to Sydney, the colour green should be outlawed. According to Sydney, plays should be dark, funny and short…
Rose Henderson plays Ruth, a law graduate who has been married for twenty-five years to the opinionated Sydney, who has sadly died. It’s important to spot the warning signs when a loved one is driving you over the edge, but did Ruth help him on his way? Did she go too far, in the end? Who is the woman who turned up at his funeral, wearing red shoes? Ruth didn’t mean to kill him… but in the end, something had to give. One woman on a park bench, for one night at The Source.
Written by Gerry Lynch, directed by Caroline Fitzgerald and featuring Rose Henderson (Father Ted/Fair City/ Weighing In/ Take Off Your Cornflakes)
Duration 50 mins approx.
Purchasing your tickets / Covid Guidelines:
- Booking early is advisable due to limited capacity on all events to comply with safe social distancing.
- Sales for each event will close two days prior to the event date - tickets must be purchased prior to this.
- Tickets that are paid for will ONLY be available for collection on the night of the show.
- Tickets are NOT available to purchase on the day/night of the event.
- Seating is non-allocated when booking. You will be allocated your seating area on the day/night by The Source staff member in keeping with social distancing measures.
- We are allowing people who book together to sit together. If you wish to sit together you must book tickets under the one name on the same transaction
The above regulations allow us the time needed to set up the auditorium/theatre space in accordance with guidelines, creating a safe environment for our audience members & staff alike.
We wish to do our utmost to ensure you are feeling confident and comfortable during your night out at The Source. We look forward to welcoming you back!
PLEASE NOTE THE START TIME OF THE SHOW AND ARRIVE AT LEAST HALF AN HOUR BEFOREHAND. LATECOMERS MAY NOT BE ADMITTED.
Special access and wheelchair users please inform the box office at the time of booking that you may need accessibility seating. T:0504 90204.
By proceeding to the buy tickets link, we, The Source Arts Centre will have a record of your contact details and email. We only hold these details for marketing purposes to get in touch with you regarding upcoming events. We NEVER pass this information on to third parties. If you do not want your details held on our database, please book your tickets over the phone with the box office and inform them of your GDPR preferences going forward.
The Source Arts Centre uses Tickets.com ticketing system for online transactions which are encrypted with Tickets.com's SSL certificate. When you click the' Buy Tickets' link you will be directed to their ticketing page. Transactions from The Source Arts Centre website to Tickets.com ticketing servers are encrypted when you proceed to the Shopping Cart.View similar events >